Recently we came across a job offering for a “SQL Server Reporting Services Consultant”. Thought of sharing the roles & responsibilities of that position with you all. Here goes the list😉
Qualifications & Experience:
- Three or more years experience in relational database design and development using SQL Server is required.
- One or more years experience developing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services is required.
- Some experience in web based development, ASP.NET, C#, and .Net Framework is preferred.
- Seasoned in the full development life cycle including requirements gathering.
- Degree in IT/Computer Science or commensurate education and experience.
- Experience using Agile Software Development methodology is preferred.
- Understanding of object-oriented analysis and design of complex systems.
- Experience developing and supporting mission critical applications that function 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Heavy customized report development.
- Gathers requirements from product owners and works with team members to create a design supported by the architecture of the existing systems.
- Performs ongoing Quality Assurance studies to evaluate system efficiency and compliance.
- Participates in the implementation and maintenance of source control and release procedures.
- Participates in new system applications demonstrations, training classes, and application system queries sessions for all internal associates when necessary.